20% off purchases of $100 promo code: TWENTY
This is an original 1860 engraving of a map of the Popolo area of Rome with a view of the Chapel of S. Andrea, by architect Paul Letarouilly. Also referenced in the engraving are architect, Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola; and sculptors, Hibon, P. Roulier and Delsol.
Period Paper is pleased to offer an exceptional collection of original first impression engravings of the architectural masterpieces of Renaissance Rome. This collection, which dates from 1860, is the result of thirty-five years of meticulous work by French architect Paul Letarouilly. This is a rare collection, and all of the engravings are in very good condition considering their age. Each engraving has the original plate impression although it is not visible on our digital image. Please note that due to the large format of these engravings, they will be shipped rolled in a museum-quality shipping tube.
This 151+ year old Item is rated Fine. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. There are some light to moderate aging and foxing marks --please see image.