1909 Print Strange Headdress Hindeloopen Milk Jug Netherlands Dutch XGF2
This 102+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine+. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage.
- Product Type: Original Color Print; Two Color
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine+
- Dimensions: Approximately 6 x 7.75 inches; 15 x 20 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This piece was illustrated by Edwards, George Wharton. Artist initials in print - bottom left of image.
George Wharton Edwards
George Wharton Edwards (1859-1950) was an American artist hailing from Fair Haven, Connecticut. He was most recognized for his paintings, illustrations, fresco murals, Plein Air paintings and mosaics, as well as his impressionism and realism styles. His works primarily centered on architecture, cityscapes, figures, genre, landscapes, portraits, Native American culture, gardens, marine and nautical, and historical subjects. EdwardsÕ art has been exhibited at the Corcoran Gallery of Washington D. C., the Louisiana Purchase Exposition (also known as the St. Louis WorldÕs Fair of 1904), the Art Institute of Chicago, the Paris Salons, the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and more. He was also affiliated with the Boston Art Club, the National Academy of Design, the American Water Color Society, the Brooklyn Art Association, the Society of Illustrators and the National Arts Club. Later, Edwards served as an illustrator for CollierÕs Magazine.
Keywords specific to this image: Ijsselmeer, Nijefurd, Friesland