1943 Halftone Print Musher Klondike Mike Mahoney Sled Valdez Alaska Judge XGEA8
This 68+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects.No surface rub.No tears. No water damage.
- Product Type: Original Halftone Print; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 7 x 4.5 inches; 18 x 11 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Period Paper struck gold with an intriguing collection of images visually chronicling the life of master musher, Klondike Mike Mahoney, the great Irish Inuit of the arctic frontier! To Klondike Mike, Chilkoot pass was nothing more than a good place to carry a piano, while White Horse rapids was a swimming hole suitable for toddlers. Authors like Jack London and Robert Service, who defined adventure with their pens credited Klondike's exploits as the foundation for Gold Rush lore. Klondike Mike conquered the Yukon from the back of his dog sled, setting records, as he once covered 400 miles of frozen tundra in a mere 24 days despite being pursued by a ferocious pack of snarling wolves. Answer the Call of the Wild and view more images from the life of this true American folk hero by simply clicking on the link listed below the condition paragraph.
Keywords specific to this image: Funeral, Casket, Dog, Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Fairbanks, Town, Klondike, Sport