This is an original 1953 color print of a variety of antique German household decor, furniture and home furnishings. The originals of numbers 1, 2, 6-8 and 10-13 were held in the State Museum (Castle Museum) in Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany. The originals of numbers 3 and 5 were held in the State Museum for Saxon Folk Art in Dresden, while the original for number 4 was held in the Castle Museum in Stuttgart. The original for number 9 was held in the Augustine Museum in Freiburg, Breisgau.
1., 2., 6., and 7. Early 19th century woven baskets with leather appliqué, native to Switzerland, South Baden and Würtemberg.
3. 19th century wooden Christmas angels, native to Erzgebirge, Saxony, Germany.
4. 1742 wood sewing box cover, native to Suabian, Bavaria, Germany.
5. 19th century wood candle holder in the shape of a miner, native to Erzgebirge, Germany.
8. and 10. Mid 18th century paintings from a chest, native to Urach, Neustadt, Württemberg, Germany.
9. Early 19th century painting from a wardrobe door, native to Black Forest, Germany.
11.-13. 1830 painted wardrobe, native to Odenwald, Germany.
This 58+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine+. Light aging throughout. Light creasing. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage.
Product Type: Original Color Print; Color
Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine+
Dimensions: Approximately 9 x 12 inches; 23 x 30 cm
Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Keywords specific to this image: Cultural Handicraft, Interior Decoration, Household, Decorative, Arts and Crafts