20% off purchases of $100 promo code: TWENTY
This is an original 1853 black and white in-text wood engraving of the Second Trinity Church building on Summer Street in Boston. Designed by George W. Brimmer, the church was completed in 1829 but was destroyed by fire in 1872.
This 161+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No creases. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note: There is printing on the verso.
Period Paper is pleased to present a collection of antique wood engravings from the 1853 Gleason's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion. Founded by "the father of illustrated journalism" Frederick Gleason in 1851, this 19th century illustrated periodical was published in Boston, Massachusetts. It provides an excellent historical record of people, places, and events important to mid-Victorian America.