1872 Print David Playing Harp Goat Old Testament Judaism Biblical XAEA1
This is an original 1872 monochrome relief line-block print of an illustration from a 9th century Greek manuscript showing a young David playing his harp before people and some animals as told in the Old Testament.
This 140+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine+. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note: There is printing on the verso.
- Product Type: Relief Line-block Print; Monochrome
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine+
- Dimensions: Approximately 4 x 4.25 inches; 10 x 11 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Period Paper is pleased to offer a collection of prints from 1872 of religious art and imagery throughout the ages -- from the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and the Baroque eras. Depicting familiar scenes from the Old and New Testament, the collection includes illustrations from early Christianity iconography, medieval manuscripts, and the works of artists such as Taddeo Gaddi, Fra Angelico, Rembrandt, Nicolas Poussin, Rubens, and many others.