1875 Steel Engraving Diane De Poitiers Portrait Costume Renaissance XEA6
This 136+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects.No surface rub.No tears. No water damage. Please note that there is a blind emboss mark in the upper left corner, which is slightly visible in the digital image.
- Product Type: Original Steel Engraving; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 5.5 x 6.5 inches; 14 x 17 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This image was selected from a collection of woodcuts and steel engravings prolifically depicting scenes from French history, ranging from ancient Gaul to Charlemagne and his wars, to Joan of Arc and Marie Antoinette. Historically important for French archivists, these images are extremely rare to locate and are virtually unseen individually. Period Paper is pleased to present these beautifully preserved images, which would make an ideal addition to any French lover's collection. To view more images from this portfolio, please click on the link offered below the condition paragraph.
Keywords specific to this image: famous, notorious, pearls, dress, lover