20% off purchases of $100 promo code: TWENTY
This is a set of two original 1893 halftone prints of statues by Proctor which stood between Choral Hall and the Transportation Building on the borders of the Western Lagoon at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Please see both images. (Please note that, typical of halftone prints, there is printing on the reverse of each print.)
Period Paper has obtained a wonderful set of halftone images of the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, also known as the World Columbian Exposition. This collection of the fair's many architectural, artistic, mechanical, agricultural, industrial, archeological, ethnological, historical, and scenic attractions was published 1893 by N. D. Thompson Publishing Co. of St. Louis.
The World Columbian Exposition was held from May to October 1893 in Chicago in honor of the 400th anniversary of Columbus' discovery of the new world. In competition with many other cities, Chicago was finally designated the official site and the Exposition was built on 630 acres in and around Jackson Park. It was a spectacular display of progress and prosperity, and included among its many wonders electrical exhibits, exhibits from other countries, and a popular amusement area on Midway Plaisance with carnival rides, among them the first Ferris Wheel. Most of the fair's architecture was based on classical design which gave the area around the Court of Honor the name "The White City."
This 118+ year old Item is rated Very Fine ++. No creases. No tears. No water damage. Excellent original images for framing!