1894 Wood Engraving Parkersburg Virginia B&O Railroad Bridge Ohio River Art YPA4
This is an original 1894 black and white in-text wood engraving of an illustration by Alfred Rudolph Waud of the Parkersburg Bridge of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad over the Ohio River between Parkersburg, West Virginia, and Belpre, Ohio.
This 120+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No creases. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note: There is printing on the verso.
- Product Type: Original In-Text Wood Engraving; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 10 x 4.75 inches; 25 x 12 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Period Paper is pleased to offer a collection of antique wood engravings from 1894 featuring landscapes and scenery from across the American continent including some lovely views of the Old West, the lower Mississippi, and the Northeast. These illustrations provide a window into nineteenth century America, with its unspoilt and pastoral landscapes and rivers, bustling cityscapes, and notable architecture. The work of various artists and illustrators, including Alfred Rudolph Waud, John Douglas Woodward, Harry Fenn, Robert Swain Gifford, Granville Perkins, William Hart, William Ludwell Sheppard, James David Smillie, and Thomas Moran, each item in this collection is detailed enough to look absolutely stunning framed. A remarkable collection of historical American memorabilia!
This piece was illustrated by Waud, Alfred Rudolph. Artist signature in print - bottom left of image.