1896 Print Fishermans Departure Boats Louis Paul Dessar - ORIGINAL FAI5
Period Paper has obtained a lovely collection of original typogravures of the art displayed at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair (The World's Columbian Exposition). This collection is in excellent condition and any of these images would look beautiful framed.
The World's Columbian Exposition was held from May to October 1893 in Chicago in honor of the 400th anniversary of Columbus' discovery of the new world. In competition with many other cities, Chicago was finally designated the official site and the Exposition was built on 630 acres in and around Jackson Park. It was a spectacular display of progress and prosperity, and included among its many wonders electrical exhibits, exhibits from other countries, and a popular amusement area on the Midway Plaisance with carnival rides, among them the first Ferris Wheel. Most of the fair's architecture was based on classical design which gave the area around the Court of Honor the name "The White City."
This 115+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. There is some light aging along the outer edges of the mat border which does not affect the actual print --please see image.
- Product Type: Original Typogravure; Full Color
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 11.5 x 16 inches; 29 x 41 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)