1907 Ad Bissell Carpet Sweeper Cyco Bearing Dustless - ORIGINAL ADVERTISING CL4
This 104+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No aging. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. There are a few marks near the top title, which are visible in this digital copy.
- Product Type: Original Print Ad; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 3 x 5.5 inches; 8 x 14 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Bissell Carpet Sweeper.
Bissell Inc. (Bissell Homecare) of Walker, Michigan, manufactures floor care products and vacuum cleaners. Melville Bissell and his wife Anna started this company after experiencing continuous problems trying to sweep sawdust from their crockery shopÕs carpet. Anna expressed her exhaustion and need for a solution to her mechanically-inclined and inventive husband, who, in turn, created the Bissell Carpet Sweeper, which he patented in 1876.
The companyÕs first manufacturing plant was set up in Grand Rapids, Michigan. By 1890, 1,000 sweepers a day were being manufactured, and soon the product became known worldwide. After MelvilleÕs death, Anna took over the business until 1934.
Bissell bought the Woolite Corporation in 2004, and started focusing on pet-care products like stain remover. Today Bissell holds 20% of the market, making them number one for floor care product sales in North America.
Copyright 2016, Period Paper LLC
Keywords specific to this image: Cleaning, Vacuum Vintage Advertising