This is an original 1907 black and white print ad for the National Park Seminary for Young Women. The private girls school was founded in 1894, and operated until 1942. Originally, the property was a summer haven for Washington D.C. residents called Ye Forest Inne; however, because the vacation retreat financially failed, it was sold to the National Park Seminary for Young Women, which was later called the National Park College. Located in Forest Glen, Maryland, the campus was perhaps the most superior school regarding architecture and landscape. The campus included a Swiss Chalet, Dutch Windmill, an English Castle, Japanese Pagoda, Italian Villa, covered walkways and elaborate gardens, many of which were designs contributed by sororities across the nation, including the 1892 Columbian Exposition in Chicago. During World War II, the Walter Reed Army Hospital acquired the school and used it as a medical base for disabled soldiers, consequently closing the educational school.
This 104+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine+. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. Some light surface rub. No tears. No water damage.
Product Type: Original Print Ad; Black / White
Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine+
Dimensions: Approximately 2.75 x 2 inches; 7 x 5 cm
Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Keywords specific to this image: Vintage Advertising