This 100+ year old Item is rated Very Fine +++. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. No tears. There is some bleed through visible on this ad.
In 1901, Quaker Oats came into existence after the merging of four oat mills, which included Henry Parson CrowellÕs Quaker Mill Company in Ravenna, Ohio, John Stuart, Robert Stuart and George DouglasÕs cereal mill in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Ferdinand SchumacherÕs The German Mills American Oatmeal Company in Akron, Ohio and The Rob Lewis & Company American Oats and Barley Oatmeal Corporation.
In 1902, Quaker Oatmeal boxes included coupons, which could be redeemed for legal deeds to tiny lots, usually only ten feet by ten feet, in Milford, Connecticut. The group of ÒOatmeal LotsÓ was known as Liberty Park. Since the lots were so small the landowners paid practically nothing in property taxes. By the mid-1970s, the town, upset with the abundance of paper work the tiny lots had generated, as well as the inconsequential influx of property taxes able to be collected, decided to foreclose on the property. Presently, the Bic Corporation plant resides on the land.
In 1955, Quaker Oats once again used the land giveaway promotion, this one associated with the American television show ÒSergeant Preston of the Yukon.Ó The promotional deeds that included land plots in Klondike, Canada, were offered in Quaker Oats Puffed Wheat and Puffed Rice cereal.
Copyright 2016, Period Paper LLC
Keywords specific to this image: Vintage Advertising