The town of Red Deer, located between Calgary and Edmonton, received its name after British traders confused the North American Elk, which was prevalent in the area, with a type of European Red Deer. The town began growing in the early 1900s and was incorporated in 1901, though it only had a population of about 300 people at the time. Red Deer is home to the Central Alberta Theatre, the Central Music Festival, the Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery, the Ignition Theatre and the Red Deer Symphony Orchestra. Today, the area is known for its oil and natural gas extraction as well as its agricultural industry.
This 100+ year old Item is rated Very Fine +++. Light aging throughout. No natural defects. Light scuffing. No tears. No water damage. There is some bleed through visible on this ad. There are a couple scuffs in the right margin of this ad.
Keywords specific to this image: Vintage Advertising, D. MacLurg, 340 Pender Street Vancouver British Columbia, Realty, Acreage, Pricing