1915 Print Evil Soldier Baby Cradle Scared Diplomat Mother Dress Sword Bed DKU1
This 96+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine+. Light aging throughout. Light wrinkling. No natural defects. Some light surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note that there is print on the reverse.
- Product Type: Original Halftone Print; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine+
- Dimensions: Approximately 5.5 x 6.25 inches; 14 x 16 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This piece was illustrated by Daumier, HonorŽ. Artist name printed on page - bottom left of image.
Honore Daumier (February 26, 1808-February 10, 1879) was a French printmaker, caricaturist, painter and sculptor whose work touched on social and political life in France during the 19th century. Daumier was known for his massive collection of work consisting of over 500 paintings, 4,000 lithographs, 1,000 wood engravings, 1,000 drawings and over 100 sculptures. He started his career producing images for music publishers and illustrations for advertisements. Daumier was known as one of the pioneers of realistic subjects who used a subjective point of view. His work grew in value after his death and can be seen in museums around the world.