1927 Lithograph Herzegovina Peasant Women Baby Folk Costume Lester G BSK1
This 84+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage.
- Product Type: Original Lithograph; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 6 x 8.5 inches; 15 x 22 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This piece was illustrated by Hornby, Lester G. . Artist signature in print - bottom right of image.
Lester George Hornby
Lester George Hornby (1882-1956) was an American artist hailing from Lowell, Massachusetts. He received his formal art education at the Rhode Island School of Design, the Academie de la Grande Chaumiere, the Academie Julian, the Academie Delecluse and the Academie Colarossi. Hornby was most recognized for his paintings, printmaking, fresco murals, illustrations, graphic art designs, lithography, etchings and mosaics, as well as his realism style. His works primarily centered on cityscapes, figures, landscapes, marine and nautical, genre, and garden subjects. Hornby's art has been exhibited at the Vose Galleries in Boston, the Panama Pacific International Exhibition of 1915 (San Francisco WorldÕs Fair), the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, the Paris Salon, the Corcoran Gallery of Washington D. C., the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Lotos Club and more. He was later affiliated with the Boston Art Club, the Salmagundi Club and the Rockport Art Association.
Keywords specific to this image: Bosnia and Herzegovina