1927 Print Marcel Poncin Market Merchant Cloche Hat Barter Vegetable Cart XGSB2
This 84+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine+. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please Note: the background color of the original piece is a vibrant yellow-cream color, which is not explicitly apparent in the digital image.
- Product Type: Original Lithograph; Two-Color
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine+
- Dimensions: Approximately 3.5 x 5.5 inches; 9 x 14 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Period Paper is pleased to offer a collection of two-color lithographs illustrated by Marcel Poncin in 1927. The collection represents the contemptuous, snide, yet humorous observations made by American tourists while exploring Montmartre, Paris in the 1920s.
Depicted within the individual scenes are the fashions, customs, and the unique locality of Montmartre. The duo-toned prints wonderfully capture Poncin's quick observational sketches, lending an air of intimacy to the images and reminding one of brief sketches contained within a personal travel journal. The collection provides a wonderful opportunity to experience Paris as it existed then, through a unique visual representation.
This piece was illustrated by Poncin, Marcel. Artist signature in print - bottom left of image.
Keywords specific to this image: Art, Marchand de legumes, Open air market, France, Paris, Montmartre, Vendor