1936 Ad VAT 69 Scotch Golf Snow Skiing Horseback Riding - ORIGINAL ESQ3
This 75+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage.
- Product Type: Original Print Ad; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 10 x 14 inches; 25 x 36 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
William Sanderson produced the scotch blended whiskey Vat 69. He prepared one hundred casks of blended whiskey for a panel of experts to taste and determine the best one. Vat 69 held the best batch, hence the name. Sometime later, Usher and Bell founded a company with Sanderson called the North British Distiller, which still exists today.
Famous Vat 69 Drinkers and References:
Ernest Shackleton brought along bottles of Vat 69 on his Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition for medicinal and celebratory purposes. Lewis Nixon, from the book and mini-series Band of Brothers, claimed his favorite liquor was Vat 69. In James Hadley ChaseÕs pulp fiction novels, Vat 69 is often the protagonistÕs drink of choice. In the 1946 film ItÕs a Wonderful Life a bottle of Vat 69 is visible on the shelf at MartiniÕs Bar. The famous whiskey was also mentioned in Stephen KingÕs 1977 novel The Shinning: ÒHe had begun to think of his morning-after thumpers as Excedrin Headache Number Vat 69.Ó
Copyright 2016, Period Paper LLC
Keywords specific to this image: Beach, Golfing, Vat 69 Please, Bottle, Liquor, 86 Proof, Alcohol Vintage Advertising