This is an original 1944 black and white photogravure of the ramparts or walls of the fortified town of Carcassonne, France. It is located in the Aude department which was known as Languedoc. It was founded by the Visigoths in the 5th century.
This 67+ year old Item is rated Very Fine +++. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note: There is printing on the verso.
Product Type: Original Photogravure; Black / White
Grade: Very Fine +++
Dimensions: Approximately 6.5 x 4 inches; 17 x 10 cm
Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
Keywords specific to this image: Castle, Fortification