1957 Print Edvard Munch Vampire Femme Fatale Domination Love Pain Couple Art
This 54+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note that there is printing on the verso.
- Product Type: Original Halftone Print; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 8.25 x 6 inches; 21 x 15 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This piece was illustrated by Munch, Edvard. There is no visible artist signature.
Edvard Munch (Dec. 12, 1863 Ð Jan. 23, 1944) was a Norwegian Symbolist painter, printmaker and forerunner of the Expressionist Art movement. Despite his illness and fatherÕs abusive nature, Munch enrolled at the Royal School of Art and Design of Christiania. He spent time in Paris and Berlin where he picked up inspiration and culture. His most famous painting is ÒThe ScreamÓ which expressed his own anxiety. Even with that success he spent most of his later years in isolation due to the Nazi hatred for his ÒdegenerateÓ art, which they removed from their museums. He died in Oslo where he bequeathed his art to the city, who built a museum in honor of him.
Keywords specific to this image: caress, comfort, hug, lonely, black