1960 Ad Rand Corp. James Jeans Physics and Philosophy - ORIGINAL TCE2
This ad features an illustration of Sir James Hopwood Jeans, an English mathematician, physicist and astronomer.
This ad also features a quote, "Yet we may reflect that physics and philosophy are at most a few thousand years old, but probably have lives of thousands of millions of years stretching away in front of them. They are only just beginning to get under way, and we are still, in Newton's Words, like children playing with pebbles on the sea-shore, while the great ocean of truth rolls, unexplored, beyond our reach. It can be a matter of Surprise that our race has not succeeded in solving any large part of its most difficult problems in the first millionth part of its existence. Perhaps life would be a duller affair if it had, for to many it is not knowledge but the quest for knowledge that gives the greater interest to thought- to travel hopefully is better than to arrive.", from Physics and Philosophy, 1942 by James Jeans.
This 51+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. No tears. No water damage. There is some light bleed through visible on this ad.
- Product Type: Original Print Ad; Black / White
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 7.72 x 11.25 inches; 20 x 29 cm
- Authentication: Serial-Numbered Certificate of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Protection: Packaged in a custom archival sleeve with an acid-free black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This piece was illustrated by Boyle, N.. Artist signature in print - embedded in image.
Keywords specific to this image: Vintage Advertising, Cornell Engineer